Thirty six prominent houses built in Moonee Valley between 1840 and 1880.
Edited by Lenore Frost Published EHS 2010.
This book includes homes in the City of Moonee Valley and the area that was part of the former Borough of Essendon and Flemington. It aims to tell the stories of these notable houses, and to encourage the preservation of those that are left. Only a handful remain to remind us of the pastoral era before the land boom of the 1880s.
Properties in these suburbs include:
Aberfeldie, now demolished.
Niddrie and Spring Park, both demolished.
Ascot House plus the demolished Ailsa, Gooparl, Myross and The Knoll.
Laluma, Mar Lodge, Rosstrevor Hall and Tweedside. Former houses are Butzbach, Ladyward, Netherlea, North Park, Park View, Roseneath, St Olaves and Uardry.
Coote’s house with the former Bona Vista, Mount Lodge and The Ridge.
Edenhope, Ngarveno and Trinafour. Demolished houses included are Ardmillan, Coilsfield, Lyndhurst, Newhall, Rothmaise and Sydenham Lodge.
The featured houses of Magdala and Rosebank are both demolished.
Flemington House (Travancore) now demolished.