Courthouse

Courthouse

On the morning of Monday, June 27, 2016, there was a fire at the Moonee Ponds Courthouse. The Courthouse is the headquarters and museum of the Essendon Historical Society.  The fire was caused by a faulty light transformer in one of the wall lights in the south-east corner of the main Courtroom. The fire left the main courtroom without a roof ravaged the period woodwork, including ceiling and original courthouse fittings & features, and destroyed a number of irreplaceable items from the EHS Collection. The bulk of the Collection was fortunately spared from the worst by being stored in other rooms that suffered minimal fire damage.

Courthouse News

Courthouse Damage Gallery

Inside Courthouse Gallery